Calculators » Date & Time » Day of the Week
Day of the Week Calculator
Our online tools will provide quick answers to your calculation and conversion needs. On this page, you can find day of the week for any given date and get answers to questions like What day you were born?
Use this calculator offline with our Android app
* The Gregorian calendar is the most widespread civil calendar and de facto international standard.
Day of the week calculation
The formula for finding "What day of the week was?" (This method is valid for both the Gregorian calendar and the Julian calendar):
dotw = (d + m + y + ⌊y/4⌋ + c) mod 7, where:
- d is the day of the month,
- m is the month's number in the months table,,
- y is the last two digits of the year, and,
- c is the century number. For a Gregorian date, this is 6 if the first two digits of the year are evenly divisible by 4, and subsequent centuries are 4-2-0 (so the century numbers for 2000, 2100, 2200, and 2300 are respectively 6, 4, 2, and 0). For a Julian date, this is 6 for 1200, and subsequent centuries subtract 1 until 0, when the next century is 6 (so 1300 is 5, and 1100 is 0).,
If the result is 0, the date was a Sunday; if 1 it was a Monday, and so on through the week until 6 = Saturday.
See this Wikipedia entry for complete details and other ways for calculating day of week.